Chipotle Turkey & Sweet Potato Chili
Indulge in the rich and smoky flavor of the 5-ingredient Chipotle Turkey & Sweet Potato Chili, made with hearty chunks of Honeysuckle White® Ground Turkey. The chipotle peppers give the chili a delicious kick of spice that is perfectly balanced with the sweetness of the sweet potatoes. This easy-to-make 40-minute recipe is perfect for busy weeknights when you crave a hearty and flavorful meal without spending too much time in the kitchen.
- 6 Servings
- 10 minutes Prep Time
- 30 minutes Total Time
- 1 package Honeysuckle White® Ground Turkey (any lean point)
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 2 (1.25 oz.) chili seasoning packs
- 2 medium sweet potato, peeled & cubed
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock, vegetable stock or water
- 1-2 chipotles in adobo, chopped (optional)
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans
- 2 (16 oz.) bottles chunky picante sauce or salsa
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sliced avocado, sour cream, cilantro, etc.
Step 1Add oil to a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in ground turkey, 2 tablespoons of chili seasoning and cook until browned, stirring frequently to crumble the turkey. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cooked turkey to a separate bowl and set aside.
Step 2In the same pot over medium-high heat, add the sweet potatoes, 2 tablespoons of chili seasoning and 2 cups of stock. Cover with lid and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
Step 3Remove lid and stir in picante sauce, black beans, chipotles, the remaining chili seasoning, and cooked ground turkey. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat to medium-low and cook covered for 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are fork tender.
Step 4Serve warm with your favorite toppings.
Similar RecipesView All
Hungry for More?
Sign up to get exclusive offers, recipes, and seasonal inspiration straight to your inbox.Join Now