Smoked Tuscan Turkey Soup
- 16 Servings
- 25 mins Prep Time
- 1 hr Total Time
- 2 lbs. shredded Smoked Turkey (leftover turkey from Smoked Whole Bird, Bone in Breast or Basted Turkey Breast)
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic - finely minced
- 2 cups yellow onion - ¼” dice
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup celery - ¼” dice
- 1 tbsp. fennel seeds
- 2 quarts chicken stock or smoked turkey stock
- 1 bunch of kale - washed and cleaned, cut into small strips
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 (15 oz.) cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed salt & pepper to taste
Step 1In a large stock pot, prepare with oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, onions, carrots and celery. Cook until vegetables are softened, approximately 5-10 minutes.
Step 2Add the fennel seed and Italian seasoning, cook an additional 3-5 minutes.
Step 3Add the stock then the turkey. Bring the soup to a boil, reduce the heat then simmer for 30 minutes.
Step 4Add the chopped Kale, Italian and the beans, simmer for an additional 20 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
Step 5Remove from the heat and serve immediately with some shredded Parmesan for garnish.
Similar RecipesView All
Hungry for More?
Sign up to get exclusive offers, recipes, and seasonal inspiration straight to your inbox.Join Now