Sweet Heat Tacos
If you are a taco fan, then you will love these! Sliced crispy bacon wrapped turkey breast, glazed with a sweet heat BBQ sauce and stuffed in a warm tortilla and topped with fresh pineapple salsa. The perfect spring or summer recipe!
- 6-8 Servings
- 10 mins Prep Time
- 30 mins Total Time
For the Tacos
- 1 package Boneless Bacon Wrapped Seasoned Turkey Breast (Turketta)
- 6-7 flour tortillas, heated
For the Pineapple Salsa
- 3 cups diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro diced (measure loosely packed and then finely dice)
- 2 tbsp. finely diced jalapeño
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- Chili powder
For the Sweet Heat BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar or keto sweetener
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos OR Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. water or more water as needed to thin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne for extra spicy (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. liquid smoke (optional)
Step 1If using a smoker: Preheat smoker to 245°F and place the turketta on the racks. Cook for 6 hours or until the internal temperature is 165°F. Half way through cooking, brush on the BBQ sauce. If using an oven: Preheat oven to 350°F. Add a large skillet over medium/high heat with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sear both sides of the turkey breast, 30-40 seconds on each side. Place the turketta on a baking sheet pan and place in the oven. Cook for 65 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165°F. Half way through cooking, brush on the BBQ sauce.
Step 2Once the turketta has finished cooking, slice it.
Step 3Prepare the Pineapple Salsa: Add everything for the salsa to a bowl and mix with a spoon to combine.
Step 4Prepare the BBQ Sauce: Add everything for the BBQ sauce to a bowl and mix with a spoon to combine.
Step 5Assemble by adding the Pineapple Salsa to the bottom of the heated flour tortilla. Top the salsa with the sliced turkey breast, fresh lime juice and cilantro. Drizzle with more BBQ Sauce if desired.
Similar RecipesView All
Hungry for More?
Sign up to get exclusive offers, recipes, and seasonal inspiration straight to your inbox.Join Now