Smoked Turkey and Sweet Potato Hash
- 10 Servings
- 15 mins Prep Time
- 30-35 mins Total Time
- 1 lb. of shredded Smoked Turkey (leftover turkey from Whole Bird, Bone in Breast or Basted Turkey Breast)
- 4 slices of thick cut bacon, ¼” slices
- 2 sweet potatoes- peeled and cut into ½” to 1” pieces
- ½ cup yellow onions- ¼” dice
- ½ cup red bell peppers- ¼” dice
- ½ cup green bell peppers- ¼” dice
- 2 garlic cloves- fine mince
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Kosher salt & pepper- to taste
Step 1Peel sweet potatoes and cut into ½” to 1” cubes. Dice onions and peppers into a ¼” dice.
Step 2Heat a large sauté pan or skillet over medium high heat, add bacon. Cook for 5 minutes or until bacon begins to crisp.
Step 3Add sweet potato, onions and peppers. Cook for approximately 10-15 minutes, making sure to constantly stir, until the onions slightly brown and sweet potatoes soften.
Step 4Add garlic, shredded smoked turkey, dried cranberries and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, stir and cook for an additional 5 minutes until smoked turkey is heated throughout.
Step 5Place on a platter and serve immediately.
Chef’s Note: Top this hash with an over easy fried egg for each person served or poached egg for added flavor and goodness.
Similar RecipesView All
Hungry for More?
Sign up to get exclusive offers, recipes, and seasonal inspiration straight to your inbox.Join Now