- 8 Servings
- 25 mins Prep Time
- 45 mins Total Time
- 1 Bag Giblets (inside cavity of Fresh or Frozen Whole Turkey)
- ¼ cup Reserve Turkey Fat, from whole turkey or purchased
- ¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ cups of Turkey Neck Stock or pre-made Turkey / Chicken Stock
- ½ cup of pulled and chopped Turkey Neck Meat (turkey need inside cavity of bird)
- 1 tsp. of fresh thyme, rough chopped
- 1 tsp. of fresh rosemary, rough chopped
- Salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
Step 1Place giblets in a small sauce pan and cover with water. Boil and cook until cooked throughout (approximately 25 minutes). Pour out into a strainer and allow the giblets to cool to the touch.
Step 2Rough chop the giblets and set aside.
Step 3Place the turkey fat into a sauce pot over medium heat. Add the flour and cook for approximately 2-3 minutes until the roux becomes a thick paste and has a nutty aroma.
Step 4Add the Turkey Neck Stock (or pre-made Turkey/Chicken stock), whisking while adding to avoid lumps. Add the pulled and chopped Turkey Neck Meat and Giblets to the pan as well as the fresh herbs. You may need to add more stock to the pot to adjust the consistency of the gravy. If so, add in ½ cup increments.
Step 5Allow gravy to simmer for approximately 10 minutes until it thickens. Salt and pepper to taste.
Step 6Remove from the heat and serve immediately. If not using immediately, gravy may be refrigerated up to 3 days or may be frozen and kept for approximately 3 months.
Similar RecipesView All
Hungry for More?
Sign up to get exclusive offers, recipes, and seasonal inspiration straight to your inbox.Join Now